Goals of HGP
Which of the following is/are the objective(s) of the human genome project?
To prove that humans and monkeys have the same number of genes
- To establish an evolutionary link
- To simply know how many genes are present in human genome
- To ratify if the estimate of 150, 000 human genes was indeed correct
Q. Why were laws passed to control the usage of knowledge of human genome?
- All the above
- The knowledge of an individual’s genome could be used to inflict harm.
- The genome of an individual is considered to be personal property and needs to be protected by law.
- Humans are always prone to exploit any new knowledge to their benefit and often at the cost of the cost of another individual’s harm.
What is the necessity of online publication of the human genome?
- For keep the information open and free for use for whole scientific community
- To keep the information secure
- The information was too large to keep it in paper
- All the above
Q. The necessity for analysing the data and the creation of an online database paved way for the field of
Which of the following is one of the goals of Human Genone project?
Identity all 20, 000 - 25, 000 genes.
Store this information in database
Improve tools for data analysis
All of the above
Q. ELSI stands for:
- Ethical, Logical and Society Issues
- Ethical, Legal and Society Issues
- Ethical, Logical and Social Issues
- Ethical, Legal and Social Issues
Q. The human genome project is made up of .......... repetitive DNA sequences.
Q. As per latest information human genome has
- 300 genes
- 3, 00, 000 genes
- 20, 000 genes
- 3, 000 genes
Q. Which out of the following statements is incorrect?
- Genetic code is ambiguous.
- Genetic code is degenerate.
- Genetic code is universal.
- Genetic code is non-overlapping.
Q. Haploid content of human DNA is
- 3.3×109 bp
- 4.6×106 bp
- 3.3×106 bp
- 6.6×109 bp