Which of these is NOT true for lipids?
they contribute to buoyancy
they help in resistance to cold weather
they can act as 'hormones'
they are made up of glucose monomers
The process of synthesis of lipids by the human body is known as ___.
None of the above
Select the option with the incorrect statement.
I. The building blocks of Lipids are amino acids.
II. Majority of the enzymes contain a non protein part called the prosthetic group.
III. Fructose is the sweetest of all sugars.
IV. Nucleic acids are the hereditary material in living organisms.
- Erucic acid
- Linolenic acid
- Oleic acid
- Linoleic acid
- A:Lecithin -a component of cell membrane
- A: Triglyceride -major source of energy
- B: Adenine -a nucleotide that makes up nucleic acids
- B:Uracil -a component of DNA
Column IColumn IIA. Triglycerides1. GalactoseB. Lactose2. Palmitic acidC. RNA3. GlycerolD. β−pleated4. UracilE. Bee wax5. Secondary structure
- A - 5, B - 1, C- 4, D - 2, E - 3
- A - 3, B - 1, C- 4, D - 2, E - 5
- A - 2, B - 1, C- 4, D - 5, E - 3
- A - 3, B - 1, C- 4, D - 5, E - 2
- A - 4, B - 1, C- 5, D - 2, E - 3
Given below is the chemical formula of
- Zwitter ions
Lipids are insoluble in water because lipids molecules are: