Q. Metaphase I:
- one version of each chromosome moves to a pole of the cell.
- chromosomes gather at the two poles of the cell.
- crossing over occurs.
- chromosomes align on the central plane.
Q. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
- Anaphase I - Homologous chromosomes are separated
- Interphase - A nuclear envelope encloses each haploid set of chromosomes
- Metaphase I - Pairing of maternal and paternal homologous chromosomes take place
- Prophase I - Non-homologous chromosomes are separated
Q. In Metaphase I, the centromeres
- Undergo division
- Do not divide
- Divide but do not seperate
- Are not similar
Q. During metaphase I, the spindle fibers attach to the _______ on the chromosomes.
Q. The drawing below shows a cell whose diploid chromosome number is four. This cell is in:
- Metaphase I
- Anaphase of mitosis
- First anaphase of meiosis
- Second anaphase of meiosis
Consider the first image in green below and choose the option that corresponds to the stage that would follow it based on the images below.