Microbes in Agriculture
Q. Drawback(s) of using chemical pesticide and insecticide include:
- High cost
- It is specific
- It is non specific
- Causes pollution
Q. Which of the following is NOT correct about Bacillus thuringiensis?
- It can be sprayed on plants.
- It can kill insects.
- It can kill harmful bacteria.
- It's toxin has been genetically engineered.
Q. Biocontrol refers to the biological control of
- Crop quality
Q. Nitrogen is returned back to the atmosphere in the nitrogen cycle by the process of________.
- Nitrogen fixation
Q. The use of biological methods for controlling plant diseases and pests is known as
Identify the advantage(s) of microbial biofertilisers.
Increase in nitrogen content of the soil.
It is eco-friendly.
Reduces the soil fertility.
Leads to health issues in animals.
Q. Which of the following statement/s hold true in case of Rhizobium?
- They live in the root nodules of leguminous crops.
- They help in the process of nitrogen fixation.
- They can reduce the dependency and expenses on fertilisers.
- They are oval cells and reproduce by budding.
Q. Bt brinjal variety is developed by using the gene isolated from _________________.
- Escherichia coli
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bacillus thuringiensis
- Vibrio cholerae
Q. Which of the following is NOT a leguminous plant?
- Horse gram
- Green gram
Q. Probiotics are harmful bacteria that cause diseases.