Parts of the Excretory System
What nitrogenous waste is removed by the kidneys?
Which is the largest excretory organ in the human body?
The dotted appearance of the cortex of the kidney is due to
- Henle's loop.
- collecting duct.
- Malpighian body.
- Malpighian tubules.
- transitional epithelium
- simple squamous epithelium
- simple cuboidal epithelium
- simple columnar epithelium
Explain the role of glomerulus of nephron in the formation of urine.
Medulla of both the kidneys opens into a funnel-shaped cavity called:
none of these
- DCT & efferent arteriole at point of their contact
- DCT & afferent arteriole at point of their contact
- PCT & afferent arteriole at point of their contact
- PCT & efferent arteriole at point of their contact
The process of removal of metabolic wastes from the body is known as —————.
Glomerulus receives the blood through
What do you mean by organ system level of organization? List the organs of the excretory system.
- Vasa recta carries glomerular filtrate from distal convoluted tubule to the collecting duct.
- Glomerular filtrate is protein free plasma.
- Counter-current flow of blood in the vasa recta helps to retain the reabsorbed sodium in the renal medulla.
- Glomerular filtrate in Bowman’s capsule is isotonic to the plasma.
- A-iv, B–iii, C–ii, D–i
- A–iii, B–i, C–iv, D–ii
- A–iii, B–iv, C–ii, D–i
- A–iii, B–i, C–ii, D–iv
- Malpighian tubules
- None of the above
Norepinephrine is secreted by:
Nephric tubules of kidney
Give any one function of the urinary bladder.
- a urine filled cavity within the kidney
- a tunic of the ureter
- a muscular sphincter at the neck of the urinary bladder
- a smooth connective tissue region in the unnan, bladder
- Renette cells
- Coxal glands
(i) Kidney, liver, skin, lungs, pancreas
- Urinary bladder
Match the excretory functions of Section I with the parts of the excretory system in Section II. Choose the correct combination from the answers given.
A = 4, B =1, C = 2, D = 3
A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1
A = 5, B = 4, C = 1, D = 3
A = 5, B = 4, C = 1, D = 2
Correct the following statements by replacing the term underlined.
The pineal gland is located on the anterior part of the kidney.
- 4-5 L
- 3-4 L
- 0.5-0.75 L
- 1-1.8 L
What is the function of the human excretory system?
Kidneys perform all the functions except
- Filtration of blood
- Regulation of B.P
- Secretion of antibodies
- Regulation of pH of body fluids
The removal of the wastes from the body is known as?
- Renal calculi
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute renal failure
- None of the above