Pollen Pistil Interaction
What is the cell:nuclei ratio in the given image of a germinating pollen?
The number of gametes in the pollen tube is
Pollen-pistil interaction involves
Entry of pollen tube into ovule
All of these
Pollen deposition on stigma
Rejection or acceptance of pollen by stigma
Q. In angiosperms pollen tube can liberate their male gametes into the
- central cell
- antipodal cells
- egg cell
The acceptance or rejection of pollen is based on the biochemical interactions between the components of the pollen wall and pistil head.
present on the surface of the pollen and the stigma determine whether they are comptatible or incompatible.
Q. Pollen tube always enter the female gametophyte through the
Q. Which of the following statements is not correct?
- Pollen grains of many species can germinate on the stigma of a flower, but only one pollen tube of the same species grows into the style.
- Pollen germination and pollen tube growth are regulated by chemical components of pollen interacting with those of the pistil.
- Some reptiles have also been reported as pollinators in some plant species.
- Insects that consume pollen or nectar without bringing about pollination are called pollen nectar ⁄ robbers.
Q. Pollen-pistil interaction refers to all the events starting from
- pollen deposition on the stigma until pollen tube enters the ovule.
- pollen deposition on stigma until the germination of pollen grains.
- pollen deposition on the stigma until the growth of pollen tube starts.
- pollen deposition on the stigma until male gamete fuses with the egg cell.
Q. The generative cell of a pollen grain was destroyed by laser but a normal pollen tube was still formed because
- vegetative cell is not damaged
- contents of killed generative cell stimulate pollen growth
- laser beam stimulates growth of pollen tube
- the region of emergence of pollen tube is not harmed.