What is the difference between photosystem 1 and photosystem 2?
Stroma in the chloroplasts of the higher plants contains?
Light-independent reaction enzymes
An elaborate network of filamentous proteinaceous structures which help in the maintenance of the cell shape is called-
Which is the most abundant plant pigment in the world ?
- highly permeable to ions and solute
- less permeable to ions and solutes
- equipped with chlorophyll
- none of the above
What is lumen in plastids?
- green and red regions of the spectrum
- red and yellow regions of the spectrum
- blue and red regions of the spectrum
- blue and green regions of the spectrum
- granum, thylakoid
- thylakoid, granum
- thylakoid, lamellae
- thylakoid, stroma
B. Amino acids
D. Fatty acids
- A and C only
- C and D only
- C only
- D only
- Golgi body-secretion of cell products
- Lysosome-intracellular digestion
- Ribosome-protein synthesis
- elaioplasts-store proteins
- Grana within cisternae
- thylakoids within grana
- Cisternae within grana
- grana within thylakoids
- A chloroplast is surrounded by a double membrane.
- Chlorophyll absorbs solar energy that is used to form chemical bonds.
- A membrane inside a chloroplast is called a thylakoid.
- Chlorophylls are found in the fluid stroma of the chloroplast.
Can algae survive in hot water?
The carbon dioxide and oxygen balance in the atmosphere are due to:
- They release more CO2 at night
- They produce CO2 all the time but release O2 also in the day time
- They consume O2 at night
- They do not photosynthesise at night, therefore fail to liberate O2 in the room and hence their presence will
increase CO2 concentration.
Draw a neat diagram of a chloroplast and label its parts.
- Lumen of thylakoids
- Inter membrane space
- Antenna complex
Where does the periplasmic space occur in cells?
- Both (1) and (3)
- Stroma lamellae.
Assertion: Dark reaction occurs only at night in the stroma of chloroplast.
Reason: CO2 fixation occurs only during C3 cycle.