Who discovered the nucleolus?
1. Capping and tailing takes place in prokaryotes.
2. Splicing takes place only in eukaryotes.
3. Transcription takes place in the cytoplasm in prokaryotes.
4. Prokaryotes have introns.
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 4
- 2 and 3
- 3 and 4
What are the characteristics of RNA?
How is translation regulated in prokaryotes?
- GUA, GUG, GCA, GCG and GAA
- UUC, UUG, CCU, CAA and CUG
- UAA, UAG and UGC
- UUA, UUG, CUU, CUC and CUG
Reason: mRNA is transferred from the nucleus into cytoplasm where ribosomes and amino acids are available for protein synthesis.
- Both assertion and reason are true and reason is the correct explanation of assertion
- Both assertion and reason are true but reason is not the correct explanation of assertion
- Assertion is true but reason is false
- Both assertion and reason are false
Characters transmitted from parents to offspring are present in
- Synthesis of mRNA from DNA.
- Interference of RNA in synthesis of DNA.
- Synthesis of cDNA from RNA using reverse transcriptase.
- Silencing of specific mRNA using complementary RNA.
What is the function of the exon?
- 5·8s rRNA
- 5s rRNA
- 23s rRNA
- 18s rRNA
Find out the correct sentence
Enzymes packed in Lysosomes are made through RER (rough endoplasmic reticulum)
Rough endoplasmic reticulum and smooth endoplasmic reticulum produce lipid and protein respectively
The endoplasmic reticulum is related to the destruction of the plasma membrane
Nucleoid is present inside the nucleoplasm of the eukaryotic nucleus
Name an organelle involved in protein synthesis?
Which enzyme is not proteinaceous in nature?
Lysosomes are responsible for:
(a) Protein synthesis
(b) Digestion of organic molecules
(c) Fat synthesis
(d) Fat emulsification
What happens if introns are not removed?
- cell defence
- cell proliferation
- cell differentiation
Compare to osmosis, active transport is a rapid process.
Which of the following is called as ‘Suicidal bags?
- Types of rRNA in eukaryotes
- Types of rRNA in prokaryotes
- Ribosomal subunits in eukaryotes
- Ribosomal subunits in prokaryotes
cDNA is synthesized by
None of these