Features of MOT
The increasing order of the bond order of , , and ?
What is the HOMO-LUMO gap and how does it change the properties of a substance?
Which of the following arrangements does not represent the correct order of property stated against it?
: Number of oxidation states
: Ionic size
: Paramagnetic behavior
: Stability in aqueous solution
Explain The Formation Of The Hydrogen Molecules With A Diagram
- C2−2 is expected to be diamagnetic
- O2+2 expected to have a longer bond length than O2
- N+2 and N−2 have the same bond order
- He+2 has the same energy as two isolated He atoms
What are Paramagnetic substances?
Both ionic & covalent bonds are present in _____
The correct order of bond strength is N+2, N2 and N−2
Write the significance of a plus and a minus sign shown in representing the orbitals.
Give two examples of each of the following: Tetravalent element.
The wave function of a molecular orbital formed by reinforcing of wave functions of ΨA and ΨB of atomic orbitals A and B is represented as
a) Φ= ΨA + ΨB
b) Φ= ΨA - ΨB
c) Φ= ΨA * ΨB
d) None of the above
- Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
- Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation of A.
- Both A and R are false.
- A is true but R is false.
- Zero in the molecular plane
- Maximum in the nodal plane
- Zero in the nodal plane
- Zero in the surface of the lobe
- they have highest molecular mass
- they do not form hydrogen bonds
- they are more polar in nature
- they are most basic in nature
- Energy of bonding orbital is more than that of anti-bonding orbital
- Bonding orbitals are monocentric
- Energy of bonding orbital is less than that of anti-bonding orbital
- Bonding orbitals follow (n+ l) rule
Reason : The bonding MO is ψA+ψB, which shows destructive interference of the combining electron waves.
- Assertion is incorrect, reason is correct
- Assertion is correct, reason is incorrect
- Assertion and reason are correct and reason is the correct explanation for the assertion
- Assertion and reason are correct, but reason is not the correct explanation for the assertion.
- Molecular orbitals are formed by the overlap of in-phase wave forms
- It is lower in energy when compared to atomic orbitals
- Electron density increases in the inter-nuclear region
- Results in the formation of a destabilized molecular orbital (M.O.)
Using molecular orbital theory, compare the bond energy and magnetic character of O+2 and O+2 species.
- Shape and size of combining atomic orbitals.
- Numbers of the combining atomic orbitals.
- Orientation of the combining atomic orbitals.
- All of the above.
- A negative value
- An integral value
- Assume any positive, or an integral, or a fractional value including zero
- a non zero value
Which of the following has least bond dissociation energy ?
- are not attracted by magnetic field
- contains only paired electrons
- carries a positive charge
- contains unpaired electrons
Which one of the following is an incorrect orbital notation?
Which overlapping is strongest?
- Activation energy
- Stabilization energy
- Bond energy
- Destabilization energy