Q. Modes of controlling pollution in large cities include-
- all the above.
- less use of insecticides
- proper disposal of organic wastes, sewage and industrial effluents.
- shifting of factories out of the residential area
Q. Green chemistry means such reactions which
- are related to the depletion of ozone layer
- produce colour during reactions
- study the reactions in plants
- reduce the use and production of hazardous chemicals
Green chemistry means
Both (a) and (b)
Chemistry of chlorophyll
Chemistry of formation of starch in plants
Chemistry of synthetic methods involving only non-toxic chemicals avoiding very high temperature and pressure and minimising by products
Q. Domestic waste mostly constitutes
- Non-biodegradable pollutants
- biodegradable pollutants
- air pollutants
Q. Green chemistry is the branch of chemistry that involves study of processes and products that minimise the use of _____ substances.
- Are related to the depletion of ozone layer
- Reduce the use and production of hazardous chemicals
- Produce colour during reactions
- Study the reactions in plants
Which of the following are the hallmarks of Green chemistry?
Use of ambient temperatures
Minimal or no toxic waste
Preferably smaller energy footprint
All of the above
Q. The gas leaked from a storage tank of the Union Carbide plant in Bhopal gas tragedy was:
Q. What does Green Chemistry in terms of environment mean?
- Greenhouse effect
- Reaction related to depletion of ozone layer
- Photosynthetic reactions in plants
- Reduction in the use and production of hazardous chemicals
Q. Green chemistry deals with:
- study of plant physiology
- detailed study of reactions involved in the synthesis of chlorophyll
- utilization of existing knowledge base for reducing the chemical hazards along with developmental activities
- study of extraction of natural products from plants
How can domestic waste be used as manure?