Which of the following is paramagnetic?
Which of the following is diamagnetic?
Given below a statement (S) and explanation (E) is given. Choose the appropriate answer:
Statement (S): O2 is diamagnetic
Explanation (E): O2 has two electrons in anti-bonding π orbitals.
S is wrong but E correct
Both S and E are correct and E is correct explanation of S
Both S and E are correct but E is not correct explanation of S
S is correct but E is wrong
Which among the following pairs are paramagnetic?
dioxygen and dinitrogen
dioxygen and CO
dioxygen and NO
CO and NO
Oxygen molecule is paramagnetic because
Bonding electrons are more than antibonding electrons
Contains unpaired electrons
Bonding electrons are less than antibonding electrons
Bonding electrons are equal to antibonding electrons
- H2>H+2>He2 [bond energy]
- O2−2>O2>O2+2 [Magnetic moment]
- NO−>NO>NO+ [bond length]
- NO+2>NO2>NO−2 [bond angle]
- The peroxide ion has a bond order of one
- The peroxide ion has a weaker bond than the oxygen molecule
- The peroxide ion as well as the dioxygen molecule are paramagnetic
- The bond length of peroxide ion is greater than that of the dioxygen molecule