Relationship between Human Capital & Growth
How does investment in human capital contribute to growth?
Trace the relationship between human capital and economic growth.
How is human development a broader term as compared to human capital?
Differentiate between Human Capital and Human Development.
What Are the Causes of Economic Growth?
Bring out the differences between human capital and human development.
"Economic Development is the process by which an economy is transformed from one whose rate of growth of per capita income is small or negative, to one in which a significant self-sustained rate of increase of per capita income is a permanent and long term feature".
- Paul Baran
- Irma Adelman
- None of the above
- Jacob Viner
What Are the 3 Main Macroeconomic Goals?
- labour intensive
- capital intensive
A good can be an intermediary good in one case and a final good in another case.
- Hardening of currency
- GDP growth
- Population growth
- Mobilization of savings
- High rate of population growth.
- High rate of capital formation.
- Widespread poverty.
- High rate of unemployment.
Human capital formation raises the production level and leads to economic growth by adding to GDP. State true or false.
- both (a) and (b)
- maintaining the existing standard of living for the additional population
- improving the existing standard of living for the entire population
- neither (a) nor (b)
- Equal opportunities
- Financial inclusion
- Increasing government spending
- All the above
Role of human capital formation in economic growth is given by:
Improvement in quality of life
Rise in life expectancy
Greater innovative skills
All of these
- Both A and B
- It ensures social change in desired directions
- None of these
- It accelerates economic growth
(i) Land capital
(ii) Labour capital
(iii) Physical capital
(iv) Human capital
Economic growth that creates equal employment opportunity and reduces poverty is called _______.
- inclusive growth
- aggressive growth
- none of the above
- exclusive growth
- there is a technical progress in the world economy
- there is population growth in X
- there is a capital formation in X
- the volume of trade grows in the world economy