- π s
- π2 s
- 3π2 s
- 2π s
A particle of mass moves along a circle of radius with a constant tangential acceleration. What is the magnitude of this acceleration if the kinetic energy of the particle becomes equal to at the end of the second revolution after the beginning of the motion?
- Remains unchanged
- Continously decreases
- Continously increases
- First increase and then decrease.
- 50 rad/s
- 20 rad/s
- 100 rad/s
- 200 rad/s
A shell at rest at the origin explodes into three fragments of masses, and . Theand pieces fly off with speeds of along the -axis andalong the -axis respectively. If the piece flies off with a speed of , the total mass of the shell must be
Why are passengers travelling in a double decker bus allowed to stand in a lower deck, but not in the upper deck?
Two independent harmonic oscillators of equal mass are oscillating about the origin with angular frequencies ω1 and ω2 and have total energies E1 and E2, respectively. The variations of their momenta p with positions x are shown in figures. If ab=n2 and aR=n, then the correct equation(s) is (are)
- Angular momentum of system along x− axis is always zero.
- Angular momentum of system along y− axis remains constant.
- Angular momentum of system along z− axis remains constant
- Angular momentum of system along x− axis remain constant.
- 2.75 rad/s
- 1.25 rad/s
- 0.50 rad/s
- 0.1 rad/s
- 3 hour
- 6 hour
- 9 hour
- 12 hour
- decrease continuously
- decrease initially and will increase again
- remains same
- increase continuously
- conserved about any point
- conserved about the point of contact only
- conserved about the centre of the sphere only
- conserved about any point on a fixed line parallel to the inclined plane and passing through the centre of the sphere
- 1.58 rad/s
- 2.50 rad/s
- 2.24 rad/s
- 5.00 rad/s
- 3.75 rad/s
- 7.5 rad/s
- 15 rad/s
The slope of kinetic energy vs displacement curve of a particle in motion is
equal to the acceleration of the particle
inversely proportional to acceleration
directly proportional to acceleration
none of these
A composite rod of mass 2m & length 2l consists of two identical rods joined end to end at P. The composite rod is hinged at one of its ends and is kept horizontal. If it is released from rest, ·Find its angular speed when it becomes vertical