- Directions of F1 and F2 are opposite.
- The magnitude of F1 is more than F2 and they act in the same direction.
- The magnitude of F2 is more than F1.
- F1 and F2 are equal in magnitude
A block is kept at rest on ground. When a horizontal force is applied to the block, it doesn't move. The force which opposes this external force while the block is at rest is known as:
None of these
Friction that exists between two surfaces in contact, when there is no relative motion between them is called as?
Of the various types of friction, which has the maximum value between two surfaces in contact?
Case II: A block of mass 1 kg is placed on a rough horizontal surface and another identical block is kept over it.
Choose the correct statement.
- Sliding friction is greater than static friction
- No frictional force acts after the cart comes in motion.
- Air friction is greater during first few steps of motion.
- Static friction is greater than sliding friction.
- Sliding friction
- Static friction
- Rolling friction
- Dragging friction
Friction that exists between two surfaces in contact when there is no relative motion between them is known as ______.
- rolling friction
A block, kept on ground, requires 10 N of horizontal force to just start moving. If we apply a force of 5 N on the block in horizontal direction, what will be the magnitude of frictional force acting on it?
- 0 N
- 100 N
- 10 N
- 0 N
- Less than 10 N
- Greater than 10 N