(a) Write the various steps involved in sexual reproduction in plants.
(b) Name two plants that reproduce by sexual reproduction method and two plants that reproduce by asexual reproduction methods.
(a) Sexual reproduction in plants takes place in the following steps:
1. The male reproductive organ stamen produces male gamete or anthers.
2. Simultaneously the female reproductive organ carpel produces a female gamete or the egg inside the ovules.
3. Pollination transfers the male gamete to the female organ. Male gametes fertilize the female gametes by forming the zygote capable of growing into a new plant.
4. The fertilized ovules containing the zygote harden its coat to form seeds.
5. The seeds produce new plants under favorable conditions like the presence of water, warmth, air, light, etc
(b) Sexual reproduction takes place in mango and rose plants. Ferns and mosses propagate by asexual reproduction.