According to the periodic table, how many elements are metalloids?
(1) The number of metalloids in the modern periodic table is 6.
(2) The names are boron(B), silicon(Si), germanium(Ge), antimony(Sb), tellurium(Te), and arsenic(As).
(3) Metalloids tend to be economically important because of their unique conductivity properties (they only partially conduct electricity), which make them valuable in the semiconductor and computer chip industry.
(4) Metalloids have properties of both metals and non-metals.
(5) Some of the metalloids, such as silicon and germanium, are useful in semiconductors.