CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Choose the correct statement about human RBC.



A

They carry about 20-25 percent of CO2.

loader
B

They transport about 80% oxygen and the rest 20% is transported in dissolved state in plasma.

loader
C

They transport 99.5% oxygen.

loader
D

They do not carry CO2 at all.

loader

Solution

The correct option is A

They carry about 20-25 percent of CO2.


About 70% of CO2 is transported as bicarbonates. 23% of CO2 is combined with haemoglobin and transported as carbaminohaemoglobin. 7% of CO2 gets dissolved and transported through plasma.


Biology

Suggest Corrections
thumbs-up
 
0


similar_icon
Similar questions
View More


similar_icon
People also searched for
View More



footer-image