Consider the following statements regarding three-tier panchayati raj system:
1. The panchayat samiti is the executive body while the zila parishad is advisory, coordinating and supervisory body.
2. The three-tier panchayati raj system was recommended by the Ashok Mehta Committee.
3. Balwant Rai Mehta Committee had recommended that the three-tier system of panchayati raj should be replaced by the two-tier system.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
The three-tier panchayati raj system was established on the recommendations of Balwant Rai Mehta Committee. Ashok Mehta Committee had recommended that the three-tier system of panchayati raj should be replaced by the two-tier system. panchayat samiti is second tier above the Gram Panchayat and under the Zilla Parishad. So it is middle or linked tier of Panchayat Raj System. This institutes plans for Taluka or Block area. The long programmes are organized by officials and non-officials of Panchayat Samiti with the help of voluntary Institution at Block level. panchayat samiti is the executive body while the zila parishad is advisory, coordinating and supervisory body.
The administrative formal body of the Panchayat Samiti constitutes by including following members
1. Sarpanchas of all Village Panchayats coming under the jurisdiction of the Development Block.
2. Local M.L. as and M.L.Cs. with right to vote but not to hold the office.
3. One person nominated by District Collector for every Panchayat for which no Sarpanch has been elected.
4. Reservation seats: 1/3rd seats are reserved for women, which is elected.
5. Two persons with experience in administration and public life.
6. The President and Vice-President of Panchayat Samiti are generally elected from the members of Panchayat Samiti.
7. Block Development Officer is appointed by Government as Official man and he is the Chief Executive of Panchayat samiti.