- It can be defined as the generation of a potential difference in a coil due to the changes in the magnetic flux through it. In simpler words, electromotive force or EMF is said to be induced when the flux linking with a conductor or coil changes.
Electromotive forces can be induced in two different ways
- The first way involves the placement of an electric conductor in a magnetic field that is varying.
- The second way involves the placement of a constantly moving conductor in a magnetic field that is static in nature.
The applications of induced emf are,
- It is used in generators
- It is used in galvanometers
- It is used in transformers