1. Class Amphibia is represented by the animals that need both water and land to complete their life cycle.
2. The amphibians are vertebrates.
3. These are cold-blooded in nature. They can not regulate their internal body temperature.
4. They have a three-chambered heart with two atria and one ventricle.
5. Their larval stage shows the presence of gills which are replaced by lungs in adults.
6. They show cutaneous respiration as well.
7. They show external fertilization, except for few species of frogs and salamanders.
8. They are oviparous.
9. Their skin is soft and glandular.
10. The class is represented by Caudata (salamanders), Anura (frogs), and Apoda- limbless amphibians.