CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Identify the air pollutant from the given hints.


Correct Answer
A
Carbon monoxide
Your Answer
B
Carbon dioxide
Your Answer
C
Sulphur dioxide
Your Answer
D
Nitrogen dioxide

Solution

The correct option is A Carbon monoxide
Carbon monoxide, a product of incomplete combustion is a highly toxic colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas. It has affinity for haemoglobin way more than oxygen does. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, body replaces the oxygen in bloodstream with carbon monoxide causing blood poisoning. This can cause dizziness, vomiting, weakness and may even lead to coma or death.

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
View More


People also searched for
View More



footer-image