CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it.

There are 2000 employees in an institution in which males and females are in the ratio 3 : 2. The employees of the institution like yoga, gymnasium and meditation. The employees use either bus or car for the journey.
75% of all male employees use buses for journey, and the remaining use cars. Of the employees using bus, 20% of these employees like yoga. 15% of these male employees like both meditation and yoga. 12% of these male employees like both gymnasium and meditation. 8% of these male employees like all three - yoga, gymnasium and meditation.
Of the male employees travelling by cars, 16% like meditation. 18% of employees  like both meditation and yoga, 15% like both gymnasium  and meditation and 10% of male employees using cars like all three - yoga, meditation and gymnasium.
Of all the female employees , 80% females use buses and the remaining use cars. Of the females using bus, 20% like yoga, 15% like both meditation and yoga, 10% females like both yoga and gymnasium and 5% of females like all three - yoga, gymnasium and meditation.
Of the female employees using cars for travel. 15% females like meditation, 25% females like both yoga and meditation, 5% females like both gymnasium and yoga and 10% females like all three - yoga, meditation and gymnasium.


How many females in the instituion like meditation and yoga both?


  1. 125

  2. 115

  3. 110

  4. 120

  5. None of these


Solution

The correct option is D

120


Females who like both meditation and yoga

640×15100+160×15100

=96+24=120

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
QuestionImage
QuestionImage
View More...



footer-image