CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Sameer sees an exposed electric wire in his home, with its rubber cover broken. What should he do to the exposed wire to prevent a possible electric shock?


Your Answer
A
Dip it in some cold water 
Correct Answer
B
Cover it with insulation tape
Your Answer
C
Touch it with a finger to see how it feels
Your Answer
D
Touch it with a steel spoon

Solution

The correct option is B Cover it with insulation tape
Electric wires are covered in rubber to prevent the electricity from causing any harm or damage. When the rubber cover is broken or torn, the metal wire is exposed. Sameer should not touch the wire with our bare hands or even with any metal object like spoon, because it can result in a harmful electric shock. Also, dipping the wire in water is equally dangerous, as it can result in a shock too. Instead, he should cover the exposed part of the wire completely with a rubber insulation tape. This would prevent electric shock to him or to any other person in the house.

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
View More



footer-image