- Flora refers to all of the plant life that exists in a given location or period of time.
- In Latin flora means “Flower” which is the name of the goddess of plants in Roman mythology
- Sometimes bacteria and fungi are also called flora.
Classification of Flora :
Flora is classified into many groups based on the region and environment they are present.
- They have developed naturally over time in a particular area.
- They are the same as native flora but are cultivated by humans for economic purposes.
- This includes an unuseful or undesirable plant population.