Which of the following best describes the widespread view among Americans about big corporations?
- They are being too severely penalised by activists and the government for their role in the economic crisis.
- Their innovations have brought commercial success and benefited America tremendously.
- Their balance sheets are often fraudulent and deceive shareholders.
- They have been lax in fulfilling their moral responsibility of increasing profits and benefitting shareholders.
- They need to be held accountable for their ruthless business practices.