Answer: 1 Hectare = 6.1772 bighas(approximetly).
Bigha is a common term used by farmers in several areas of India for measuring agricultural land. For example, Rajasthan, Assam, UP (Uttar Pradesh), Uttarakhand, Haryana and Maharashtra. The term bigha is not specific, it has multiple values across India.
- In Punjab 1 acre = 4 bighas
- In the central part of India, 1 bigha = 5/8 acre or 0.2529 hectare
- In Rajasthan 1 bigha = 1,618.7 square metres or 17,424 sq ft
- In MP one Katha = 600 sq ft
- In Assam 1 bigha = 4 Katha
- In UP 1 bigha = 20 bissa almost equal to 27000 sq.ft
1 Hectare = Approximately 2.47 acres
1 Hectare = Approximately 6.1772 bighas