(1) In a Panchayat the elected members are called ___________.
Answer: Panch and sarpanch
Every village Panchayat is divided into wards, i.e. smaller areas. Each ward elects a representative who is known as the Ward Member or Panch. The Ward Panchs and the Sarpanch form the Gram Panchayat, which is elected for 5 years.
(2) The city is divided into several _________.
The city is divided into several wards
(3) In a municipal corporation the elected members are called _________.
(4) Groups of councillor deal with issues that affect the _________.
Answer: The city Or district
(5) Elections are held once every __________years for the Panchayat as well as for the municipality.
Answer: 5 years
(6) While the councillor make decisions the administrative staff led by the commissioner ___________these.