Answer: (d) any or all of the above
A chemical change results from a chemical reaction. If the chemical composition is changing, then it is known as chemical change. A chemical change may involve a change in colour, temperature, smell or evolution of gas, heat, etc.
- The change in which the molecular composition is completely altered and a new product is formed is called a chemical change.
- Chemical changes create a new product.
- The changes in Chemical change are irreversible and permanent.
- It reveals that chemical change cannot be reversed by changing or altering the experimental changes.
- The mass of the substance is altered during a chemical change.
- During a chemical change, the energy changes occur.
- The reaction is called an exothermic reaction if the energy is released and as an endothermic reaction when the energy is absorbed.