A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called a switch.
A switch is the device which is used to break or make an electrical circuit. When the switch is ‘ON’ position, then the circuit is completely called the open circuit and allows the current to flow through the circuit.
Categories of switches
- Single Pole: It controls just one circuit.
- Double Pole: Double Pole electric switches control to separate circuits.
- Three-Way: Using three-way switches, light can be control from two different locations.
- Four Way: A four-way switch has four terminals
- Multi-location switch: It is the interconnection of two or more electrical switches used to control an electrical load from multiple locations.
- Dimmer switch: It allows you to turn the light in several subtle shades.