Large part of Africa lies in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Africa is the world’s second-largest continent.
- Africa covers for 20% of the total land area on the earth.
- Africa is also the world’s second most populated nation.
- Africa is crossed by the Equator, the Tropic of Cancer, and the Tropic of Capricorn. It is the only continent on the planet that passes across all three latitudes.
- Africa is home to the world’s longest river, the Nile. It flows through 11 countries and has two major tributaries. It originates in Tanzania, in the south of Africa, and flows north to Egypt. This is a 6650-kilometer-long river that flows northward.
- The Sahara Desert, located in Africa, is the world’s largest hot desert.
- The Sahara Desert encompasses a wide portion of Africa. The Mediterranean Sea lies to the North of the Sahara Desert.