(a) A is Carbon. B is Carbon monoxide and C is Carbon-dioxide.
- Carbon compounds are present everywhere i.e. in the food that we eat, the clothes that we wear and even in the lead of the pencil by which we write.
- The atomic number of carbon is 6 and the atomic mass is 12.01gmol-1
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless and odorless gas, which is produced by the combustion of materials that contain carbon.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning can result in brain damage and even death. As carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas we can’t see, smell, or taste it, but it can be fatal for human beings.
- Global warming is a gradual increase in the earth’s temperature generally due to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, CFCs, and other pollutants.
(b) Carbon belongs to Group 14.