False. A computer scanner is a digitizer, which is a type of input device . A scanner is only able to send information to the computer and cannot receive information from the computer like a printer.
- The main function of the scanner is to scan or take a picture of the document, digitize the information and present it on the computer screen.
- One of the main advantages of scanners are it relieves the burden of filing paper forms and simplifies document sharing.
- The four common types of scanners are Sheet-fed, Handheld, Flatbed, and Drum scanners.
- The most commonly used scanners at offices and homes are Flatbed scanner.
- A QR code scanner is an optical scanning device that’s able to read QR codes. Most tablets and smartphones have built-in QR code scanners in their cameras.
- A barcode reader (or barcode scanner) is an optical scanner that can read printed barcodes, decode the data contained in the barcode and send the data to a computer.