Answer: The correct answer is option (ii) A & B.
- In most of the countries one or the other kind of social divisions exists.
- Irrespective of the size of the country whether big or small, social divisions exist. Belgium has many communities although it is a small country, India is a large country and has many communities.
- In the US, the differences between Whites and Blacks have become a social division since the blacks face discrimination, they are homeless and tend to be poor.
- In India, Dalits face injustice, discrimination and they tend to be landless and poor.
- Social divisions are not created by each and every social difference.
- Social differences can unite different people as well as divide similar people.
- Social divisions arise when people start feeling that they belong to different communities, as one type of social difference takes precedence over other differences.
- It is easier to accommodate social differences that are cross-cutting.