The boys develop a deep and hoarse voice. This happens because the voice box becomes larger. The voice of the girls is usually high-pitched. In girls larynx is hardly visible from the outside because of its small size. Thus, girls have a high-pitched voice and boys have a deep voice.
Common changes occur among boys and girls during puberty:
- Height increase.
- Shape of the body will start to change
- Change in voice. In boys’ voices become deep and harsh, in girls it is a high-pitched voice.
- Increased activity of sweat and sebaceous glands.
- Reproductive organs begin to mature.
- Appearance of secondary sexual characteristics.