Alcohol, CNG [Compressed Natural Gas] and LPG [Liquified Petroleum Gas] burn on ignition. So, these three elements are inflammable substances.
CNG[Compressed Natural Gas]
- Its primary use is as an alternative for fuel in automobiles.
- The primary component in CNG is methane.
- It produces relatively lower quantities of greenhouse gases (in comparison with LPG).
- It is relatively safe as it disperses rapidly into the air.
LPG [Liquified Petroleum Gas]
- It has various uses such as heating and cooking in homes. LPG also has industrial and agricultural uses.
- The primary component in LPG is propane and butane.
- It produces relatively large amounts of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas.
- It is highly flammable as it is much heavier than air.