Alcohol Is Absorbed In (A) Mouth. (B) Oesophagus. (C) Throughout The Alimentary Canal. (D) Stomach And Proximal Intestine.

The correct answer is (D) Stomach And Proximal Intestine.

Alcohol is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract by the mucosa of the small intestine and directly by the alimentary canal.

In the stomach, the alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream. About 80% of the consumed alcohol is absorbed in the stomach and the rest 20% is absorbed in the small intestine.

The cells of the stomach and intestine have finger-like projections that increase the surface area for absorption of alcohol.

Explore more such questions and answers at BYJU’S.

Was this answer helpful?

 
   

0 (0)

(2)
(1)

Choose An Option That Best Describes Your Problem

Thank you. Your Feedback will Help us Serve you better.

Leave a Comment

Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*

BOOK

Free Class

Ask
Question