Asexual reproduction is the mode of reproduction that is involved in the production of offsprings by a single parent. The new individuals produced are genetically and physically identical to each other, i.e., they are the clones of their parent.
Asexual reproduction is good
Asexual reproduction is good due to the following reasons
- Single parent is required
- The process of reproduction is fast
- An enormous number of organisms can be produced in very less time
- Positive genetic influences move on to successive generations
- It transpires in various environments