Evaporation of a liquid takes place at a temperature below the boiling point.
- When water is heated, it evaporates.
- The molecules move and vibrate so quickly that they escape into the atmosphere as molecules of water vapour.
- If air pressure is high on the surface of a water body, then the water will not evaporate easily.
- The temperature doesn’t have to be the same for a liquid to evaporate.
- Evaporation is important for the community because evaporation helps the plants in the process of transpiration. It helps in the process of water cycle.