Few important changes that can help make schools more environment-friendly include:
- Providing a desk for students and teachers to communicate about any leaking taps so that they can be quickly repaired by the school plumber.
- Students and teachers must make sure all the lights and fans are switched off when the classes end for the day.
- Establishing waste segregation bins for biodegradable waste and non-biodegradable waste throughout the school.
- Encouraging the use of transport methods such as bicycles and school buses.
- Reusing of old notebooks must be encouraged.
- The activities that encourage students to reuse the old or waste items like carton boxes, papers etc.
- Awarness programs like skit, role play can be performed in schools.