(a) Genes are located in the chromosomes
Genes are the unit of inheritance located in the chromosomes. The other statements are incorrect, and their correct form are as:
- Nucleus is located in the cell
- Chromosomes are located in the nucleus.
- Cell membrane surrounds the cell and nuclear membrane surrounds the nucleus.
Listed below are the functions of chromosomes.
- The main function of chromosomes is to carry the genetic material from one generation to another.
- Chromosomes play an important role and act as a guiding force in the growth, reproduction, repair and regeneration process, which is important for survival.
- Chromosomes protect the DNA from getting tangled and damaged