Answer: Correct answer is option (C) – 50% to 60%
- By replacing the primary sector, the tertiary sector has emerged as the largest producing sector in India in the year 2010-11.
- There are multiple reasons behind the rise of the services sector.
- The rise of information and communication technology aided in the rapid rise of the services sector.
- Due to rise in income levels there was a rise in demands for more services such as restaurants, tourism, shopping, private schools etc.
- There was greater demand for services such as trade, storage industry, transportation industry due to greater development of secondary and primary sectors.