Answer: (c) There is a minimum limit on the current which can safely flow in the electric circuits.
In case of electric fuse, there is only a maximum limit on the current which can safely flow in the electric circuits.
An electrical fuse is a low melting point copper or other metal wire that breaks due to heat caused by overvoltage or high load to avoid short circuit or failure to the device. In the field of electrical engineering, a fuse is a service that delivers usable electrical circuit over-current safety. Some of the main fuse functions.
- Acts as a barrier between both the human body and the electric circuit
- Inhibits system failure due to defective operation of circuits
- Fuse avoids short-circuits
- Inhibits blackouts & overloading
- Prevents harm caused by mismatched loads.