The correct answer is option (b) metaphase.
- During metaphase chromosomes are arranged on a plane which is known as equatorial plate.
- Metaphase is a stage in which the eukaryotic cell division takes places resulting the alignment of chromosomes in the middle of the cell.
- The stages that takes place before metaphase are prophase and prometaphase.
- Metaphase is the third phase of mitosis, the process that separates duplicated genetic material carried in the nucleus of a parent cell into two identical daughter cells.
- The analysis of metaphase chromosomes is one of the main tools of classical cytogenetics and cancer studies.