Answer: The correct answer is option (A) – 100 cm.
- Cinchona is one of the commercially important trees found in tropical evergreen forests.
- The other commercially important trees found in tropical evergreen forests are rubber, rosewood, mahogany, ebony.
- Tropical Evergreen Forests are found in areas with a short dry season.
- The trees found in Tropical Evergreen Forests grow upto a height of 60 metres or above.
- When it comes to trees shedding their leaves, there is no definite timeline.
- Appearance of Tropical Evergreen forests is green throughout the year.
- These forests have multi-layered structures – creepers, shrubs, trees.
- Tropical Evergreen Forests are found in places having heavy rainfall such as Western Ghats, upper parts of Assam, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Islands, coast of Tamil Nadu.