Answers: The right answers are densely, favourable, natural, fertile.
- As plain areas are more suitable for service activities, manufacturing activities, and farming activities, we find plain areas are always more densely populated when compared to areas with mountainous topography.
- People always avoid areas having extreme weather climates, be it very cold or very hot, these extreme climates are unsuitable for human habitation.
- Hence people avoid living in extremely cold polar regions of Canada, Antarctica, Russia etc and extremely hot climatic regions like the Sahara Desert, Thar Desert etc.
- Fertile soil is extremely important for agricultural activities. Places with fertile soil have immense agricultural activities, hence these places are densely populated.
- The areas where there is abundant availability of freshwater is densely populated.
- Deserts are thinly populated, whereas the river valleys have dense populations.
- Areas which have abundant availability of minerals are densely populated.
- For example in South Africa the locations having diamond mines are densely populated, oil industries in the Middle East are other locations where there is a dense population.
- Areas having better health infrastructure, education facilities and affordable and good housing facilities will have higher population density. Example would be Pune.