Land Distribution in Palampur
- Out of 450 families, 150 families do not have any land for cultivation.
- Small plots of lands are in the hands of 240 families. Less than 2 hectares is the size of these lands.
- The farmer families are unable to earn sufficient income when the size of the land is of small size.
- Large size plots constitute almost half of the village’s total area.
- There are 60 large and medium scale farmers in Palampur.
- More than 2 hectares of land are cultivated by large and medium scale farmers in Palampur.
- A few of the large-scale farmers cultivate more than 10 hectares of land.