d-block elements are also called as__________


d-block elements are also called as transition elements.

Transition elements or transition metals

Transition elements are elements with partially filled d orbitals. An element with a partially filled d subshell or the ability to shape stable cations with an incompletely filled d orbital is referred to as a transition element. Any element that corresponds to the d-block of the modern periodic table, which consists of groups 3 to12, is called a transition element.

Since the f-block elements have incompletely filled f-orbitals, they are often referred to as inner transition elements or inner transition metals.

Electronic Configuration of Transition Elements

d-block elements have a general electronic configuration of (n-1)d 1-10ns 1-2. These elements can find stability in half-filled orbitals and completely filled d orbitals.

Was this answer helpful?


1 (1)


Choose An Option That Best Describes Your Problem

Thank you. Your Feedback will Help us Serve you better.

Leave a Comment

Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published.




App Now