Magnetic Declination is the angle between magnetic north and true north.
- The parameters describing the magnetic field’s direction are declination (D) and inclination (I).
- Declination is positive east of true north and negative when west.
- Magnetic declination changes over time and with the location.
- The magnetic declination in a given area will change slowly over time
- If the compass at your place is pointing clockwise concerning the True North, declination is positive or EAST
- If the compass at your place is pointing counter-clockwise concerning the True North, declination is negative or WEST