Natural vegetation implies plants that have not been developed and processed naturally by mankind. They have been left undisturbed by humankind for a long period of time. The types of natural vegetation differ according to precipitation, soil, climate, and topography. The cultivated crops and fruits, orchards form part of vegetation, but not natural vegetation.
Types of Natural Vegetation in India
Vegetation Types of India:
- Tropical Evergreen Rain Forests – Species of these forests include trees, creepers & shrubs.
- Deciduous or Monsoon Type of Forests – Species of these forest includes bamboo, teak, shrubs, and sal.
- Dry Deciduous Forests – These forest species are Sal, Peepal, & Neem.
- Mountain Forests – Trees like pine, fir, and oak grow
- Tidal or Mangrove Forests – Palm, agar, coconut is cultivated in few areas of these forests.
- Semi – Desert and Desert Vegetations – These forests are silver fir and pines tree.