The following are the definitions of the given terms:
- Sheet rock: The slab of rock which is exposed above the surface.
- Causeway: It is a raised platform across a minor stream. The presence of a causeway indicates that the area has less rainfall.
- Open scrub: The land where nothing grows and is an indication of desert area.
- Rock outcrop: The exposed part of the rock on which cultivation is not possible.
- Stoney waste: A large area that in present either in arid or semi arid regions where sand has blown away leaving behind the surfaces covered with pebbles, stones, and boulders.